Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Special Edition: Keep Your Wedding Moving

I went to a wedding last night, and it was the longest wedding I've ever been to, and I left before dinner was served!

Kabbalat Panim was called for 5:30 with a Chupa at 6:00 sharp. My wife and I arrived at 5:30 like good yekkis should, and found out that the shmorg was going to take place after the chupa. Sounded alright.

Long story short, for reasons still unclear to me, the chupa didn't start until 7:30. After the chupa there was a break longer than an hour before the dining room was open, and by 10:30, my wife and I decided to leave having just eaten some of our salad.

I was later informed that those who stayed through the end left at 1:30 am.

So please, keep in mind that while your wedding may all that's going on in your life right now, other people have their lives to live. People want to celebrate with you, but it's rude to take advantage of people's time. Stick to the schedule.

No comments: